Friday, January 27, 2006

Second hand information



As soon as anybody offers a compliment to something
I am wearing I immediately begin a lengthy story about
how the merchandise was discovered which ALWAYS
ends by me anxiously revealing the shockingly low sticker price:

Don't they look expensive, I got them used..and they were only $5!!!

They're plastic.
Can you believe Payless carries shoes that look this good? $29!!!

I never shop and when I do I can't find anything I like.
I bought THREE pairs for just $6o!!!

After the price has been revealed I give detailed directions to the store, write the name down if I have a pen handy and offer a bunch of encouragement to go out and do the same.

It's time for me to learn how to just say,


thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but you do have great style, which is why you get the compliment in the first place, and the information is sooo handy when you hand it out...